“How can I tell if I need a hearing test?”
- You find yourself straining to hear.
- You can’t understand the words when people turn away while talking.
- People complain about how loud you like the T.V. or radio.
- You seem to be missing parts of words.
- You find yourself talking too loudly.
- lt’s difficult to talk to others while you are riding in a car.
- You begin missing parts of conversations.
Dr. Heather Hackney,AuD, FAAA
Dr. Heather Hackney, has been practicing audiology for 20 years.
She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Biology at Mount Allison University in New Brunswick, Canada and her Master’s degree in Audiology at Clarion University. Recognizing the field of audiology was changing to a doctorial profession, she went back to university through distance learning and earned a clinical doctorate at the Arizona School of Health Sciences.
Dr. Hackney’s work experiences range in several practice locations such as Ear, Nose and Throat physician practices, Broward County School system, nursing homes, independent and assisted living facilities. She has had experience in diagnostic audiology, rehabilitative audiology, hearing aid dispensing, intraoperative monitoring and vestibular testing.
Dr Hackney is licensed through the State of Florida, has a certificate of clinical competence in audiology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. She currently is a member of the American Academy of Audiology and the Florida Academy of Audiology.
Please schedule an appointment with Dr. Hackney if you or your family have any hearing concerns.